Among Indian banks, the State Bank of India is the most reputable and well-known name. They have the largest network of bank branches in the country and provide a variety of savings accounts, from basic to premium. Customers can opt to create a savings account at one of the more than 24,000 branches around the nation closest to them to benefit from the simplicity of a savings account.
In addition, only the PAN and Aadhaar information is a must to complete the procedure to open a bank account in SBI, an immediate digital savings bank account with SBI. Here, we will learn the procedure to open a bank account in SBI and all the necessary information.
Procedure to Open a Bank Account in SBI Online
Follow the steps to open a bank account in SBI online:
- To start with the SBI savings account opening procedure, Visit the SBI website and select the “Apply Now” button.
- You will be forwarded to the SBI Yono Online Portal by it. Also, use the SBI Yono smartphone app as an alternative.
- Choose an Instant Savings Account and a Digital Savings Account on the SBI Yono web platform.
- Select one of the two accounts by clicking the apply button.
- Keep your PAN card and Aadhaar card nearby.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- To open a bank account in SBI as a Digital Savings Account, only one branch visit is necessary to complete the steps to open a bank account in SBI.
- With the Insta Savings Account procedure to open a bank account, e-KYC based on OTP is to verify your account without needing a bank visit.
Procedure to Open a Bank Account in SBI Offline
Follow the steps to open a bank account in SBI via offline mode:
- Visit the State Bank of India branch that is nearby.
- Request “Account opening form.”
- Provide the basic information like name, address, and signature.
- Complete all fields with care and accuracy in these steps to open a bank account in SBI. The information provided in the form and the attached Know Your Customer (KYC) documents should match exactly.
- Offer all required documentation mentioned in these steps to open a bank account in SBI, including identity and residency proofs.
- Keep the initial deposit amount on hand when submitting the form and supporting documentation.
- After verifying your paperwork, you will receive a startup kit (checkbook and passbook).
- Fill out the online banking form simultaneously to complete the steps to open a bank account in SBI.
Eligibility for Creating an SBI Online Account
You must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for the procedure to open a bank account in SBI:
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- A person must be at least 18 years old.
- A parent or legal guardian can open a bank account in SBI a minor’s account.
- The candidate must present legitimate identification.
- Applicant must be able to fund the chosen account with the initial deposit.
Documents Needed to Open a Bank Account in SBI
The following documents are needed to complete the procedure to open a bank account
- Identity proof required for sbi savings account opening procedure includes a –
- Driver’s license
- Voter ID
- Address Proof required for SBI savings account opening procedure –
- Applicant voter ID
- Applicant passport
- Aadhar card
- The PAN Card Form 16 (If PAN card not available)
- Two most recent passport photographs are also needed in sbi savings account opening procedure.
Procedure to Open a Bank Account in SBI Contact Information
Still, confused about the steps to open a bank account in SBI? Customers can call the SBI savings account hotline at 1800 112 211 if they need assistance, have a complaint to make, or have a request regarding opening a bank account.
Read More: How to Open a PPF Account Online
Procedure to Open a Bank Account in SBI – FAQs
Where can I find Online SBI?
Ans. You have to go to a branch account. Additionally, applicants must visit their closest bank branch to register for Internet banking and to complete the procedure to open a bank account. You will be directed via this procedure on the website step-by-step by the Net banking help of SBI.
What does “YONO” mean?
Ans. SBI has launched a YONO program to connect all of its joint venture’s customers to digital platforms like the
- YONO website
- YONO mobile app
You Only Need One” is referred to as YONO. Customers can connect their SBI bank accounts, cards, mutual funds, life insurance, general insurance, and securities via the YONO app and website. Here you can also get steps to open a bank account in SBI.
Can a consumer use YONO by SBI 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
Ans. Yes, a customer can pay with YONO by SBI 24 hours daily.